3Dfy yourself to keep track of the most important moments of your life! Your graduation, your wedding, your first child...
Do it yourself at home, or get scanned by one of our Shapify Professional Partners worldwide!
It's as simple as 1-2-3: get scanned - pay for the size you want - receive your realistic 3d-figurine by mail, wherever you are in the world.
1(b)Mobile Software. We may make available software to access Artec Services via a mobile device (“Mobile Software”). To use the Mobile Software you must have a mobile device that is compatible with the Mobile Artec Services. Artec does not warrant that the Mobile Software will be compatible with your mobile device. Artec hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use a compiled code copy of the Mobile Software on one mobile device owned or leased solely by you, for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not: (i) modify, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the Mobile Software, except to the extent that such restriction is expressly prohibited by law; (ii) rent, lease, loan, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the Mobile Software to any third party or use the Mobile Software to provide time sharing or similar services for any third party; (iii) make any copies of the Mobile Software; (iv) remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Mobile Software, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Mobile Software, or features that enforce limitations on use of the Mobile Software; or (v) delete the copyright and/or other proprietary rights notices on the Mobile Software. You acknowledge that Artec may from time to time issue upgraded versions of the Mobile Software, and may automatically electronically upgrade the version of the Mobile Software that you are using on your mobile device. You consent to such automatic upgrading on your mobile device, and agree that the terms and conditions of this Agreement will apply to all such upgrades. Any third-party code that may be incorporated in the Mobile Software is covered by the applicable open source or third-party license EULA, if any, authorizing use of such code. The foregoing license grant is not a sale of the Mobile Software or any copy thereof, and Artec or its third party partners or suppliers retain all right, title, and interest in the Mobile Software (and any copy thereof).
1(c) Mobile Software from Apple App Store. This paragraph 1(c) is intended to apply to you if you have downloaded the Mobile Software from the Apple App Store. Artec and you acknowledge that this Agreement is concluded between Artec and you only, and not with Apple Inc. (“Apple”), and as between Artec and Apple, Artec, not Apple, is solely responsible for the Software and Artec Services and the content thereof. You acknowledge that Apple, Inc. has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Mobile Software. You acknowledge that you have reviewed the App Store Terms and Conditions (located online at http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#APPS). You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) You are not listed on any U.S. Government “watch list” of prohibited or restricted parties, including the Specially Designated Nationals list published by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Treasury or the Denied Persons List published by the U.S. Department of Commerce. This Agreement incorporates by reference the Licensed Application End User License Agreement (the “LAEULA”) published by Apple, Inc. (located online at http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/appstore/dev/stdeula/). For purposes of this Agreement, the “Mobile Software” is considered the “Licensed Application” as defined in the LAEULA and “Artec” is considered the “Application Provider” as defined in the LAEULA. If any terms of this Agreement conflict with the terms of the LAEULA, the terms of this Agreement shall control.
1(d) This paragraph 1(d) is intended to apply to you if you have downloaded the Mobile Software on a device powered by the Android operating system. Artec and you, the end‐user of the Mobile Software and Artec Services, acknowledge that the Agreement is entered into by and between Artec and you. Artec is solely responsible for the Software and Artec Services. Should you have downloaded the Software from the Google Android Market located online at http://www.android.com/market/. You acknowledge that you have reviewed the Android Market Terms of Service (located online at http://www.google.com/mobile/android/market‐tos.html) and the Android Market Business and Program Policies (located online at http://www.google.com/mobile/android/market‐policies.html). You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government “watch list” of prohibited or restricted parties, including the Specially Designated Nationals list published by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Treasury or the Denied Persons List published by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
2. Limits of Your Use. You must use Artec Services only for a lawful purpose. You must not take any action that may compromise the security of Artec Services, make Artec Services inaccessible to others, or cause damage to Artec Services. All of this, including its organization, selection, and arrangement, as well as various software or programming within or related to Artec Services, belong to Artec. No content from Artec Services may be modified, copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, displayed, transmitted, performed, licensed, used to make a derivative work, transferred, sold or distributed without our prior written consent.
3. No Modification of Artec Services. You must not add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify or edit the code, content, display or any other aspect of Artec Services.
6. Right to Refuse Access/Service. We reserve the right to refuse or limit access to Artec Services in our sole discretion and without notice. This includes the right to block or limit access to Artec Services, or parts of the Artec website, to individuals or groups, for the purpose of preventing or reducing the risk of violation of our terms or the law, or based upon suspected or actual violation, or for any other reason. Artec also reserves the right to refuse any Order (as defined below) of 3D Scan (as defined below) made by you through the Site if such 3D Scan causes an offence to public order or good practices, in Artec’s sole discretion, as well as any Order infringing a third party intellectual right. In particular, this list not being exhaustive, firearms, objects presenting racist, pornographic or violent content, as well as any Order clearly infringing any third party intellectual property right will be refused.
7. License to Content. As between you and us, you own all content that you submit to the Site. You grant us and our affiliates a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive, royalty-free license and right to copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform and display (through all media now known or hereafter created), and make derivative works from your content. In addition, you waive any so-called "moral rights" in your content. For avoidance of doubt, content created through Artec Services shall include all 3D Scans (as defined below) uploaded by you to the Site. You further acknowledge and agree that all 3D Scans (partial or complete) made by you through Artec Services will automatically be uploaded to Artec’s server.
8. Copyright Information. All contents included in Artec Services, including (but not limited to) all written material, images, photos and code, are protected under international copyright and trademark laws. You may not copy, reproduce, modify, republish, transmit or distribute any material from Artec Services without express written permission. It is expected that all users of Artec Services will comply with applicable copyright laws. However, if we are notified of claimed copyright infringement, or otherwise become aware of facts and circumstances from which infringement is apparent, we will respond expeditiously by removing or disabling access to the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity.
9. Warranty Disclaimer. YOU USE ARTEC SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. ARTEC SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," “WHERE IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” “WITH ALL FAULTS,” AND WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, CORRECTNESS, INTEGRITY, RELIABILITY, CURRENCY, ADEQUACY, SUITABILITY, FUNCTIONALITY, AVAILABILITY, OPERATION OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF ARTEC SERVICES OR CONTENT OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON, OR ACCESSIBLE FROM, ARTEC SERVICES. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT OPERATION OF ARTEC SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ARTEC SERVICES ARE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE MOBILE SOFTWARE FROM THE APPLE APP STORE, YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT APPLE HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ADDRESSING ANY CLAIMS RELATING TO THE SOFTWARE OR TRANSCRIBEME SERVICES OR YOUR POSSESSION AND/OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR TRANSCRIBEME SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (I) PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS; (II) ANY CLAIM THAT THE SOFTWARE OR TRANSCRIBEME SERVICES FAIL TO CONFORM TO ANY APPLICABLE LEGAL OR REGULATORY REQUIREMENT; AND (III) CLAIMS ARISING UNDER CONSUMER PROTECTION OR SIMILAR LEGISLATION.
10. Limitation of Liability. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ARTEC OR ITS PERSONNEL BE LIABLE, NOR DO WE ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE ARTEC SERVICES OR CONTENT AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR ACCESSIBLE FROM ARTEC SERVICES, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
11. Errors, Corrections and Changes. We do not warrant or represent that Artec Services are or will be error-free. Data entry errors, human error, technical and other problems sometimes result in inaccurate information being shown. Other factors can also cause errors. We shall have no liability for errors. We reserve the right to correct any inaccuracy or error, including but not limited to franchise locations, availability and hours of services.
12. Feedback. Artec will treat any feedback or suggestions you provide to Artec (“Feedback”) as non-confidential and non-proprietary to you. Thus, in the absence of a written agreement with Artec to the contrary, you agree that you will not submit to Artec any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary. You understand and acknowledge that Artec will own and may use the Feedback provided by you to further improve or enhance Artec Services. Accordingly, you agree to and hereby assigns to Artec the Feedback (including all intellectual property rights contained therein and any modification or improvements thereof, by whomever made).
14. Order Terms and Conditions.
Order and Payment
If you wish to make an order of your 3D model scan (the “3D Scan”) you may order 3D printing and shipping services and purchase them through Artec Services.
All print jobs in respect of duly confirmed and paid orders is performed by contractors engaged by Artec (each, a “Printing Provider”).
All prices and amounts shown on Artec Services are in U.S. Dollars (USD), unless otherwise noted. If you submits request through Artec Services to purchase 3D printing and shipping services, you agree that all charges, taxes and shipping/handling fees will automatically be charged to your credit or card. Credit and debit cards accepted for payment are: Visa, Mastercard, Discover and Amex. Other ways of payment may be available on the Site from time to time. Artec requires each order to be fully paid, including shipping and handling fees, if applicable, before Artec completes an order. Artec will not start working on a print job until Artec receives the full payment, including applicable taxes and shipping/handling fees.
Once a print job has been submitted by you and is already "In Production", no changes are allowed to the 3D Scan, job characteristics, or printing turnaround time.
Artec strives to provide our clients with the best possible experience. If you are not satisfied with your order for any reason, please contact our customer service department. Our representative will document your complaint and create a ticket for your reference.
Please note that to receive a refund the defect affecting quality of 3D Scan must be the fault of Artec. Artec will not issue refunds for poor print orders that resulted from defective 3D Scans. Artec will not issue a refund in case of inaccurate uploading of the 3D Scan to the Site. Artec will not issue a refund and will not be liable in case 3D Scan is not exactly the same as shown when uploaded by you through Artec Services. Differences may result from the color quality of images, the difficulty of showing on screen the texture of a material or, without limitation, technical adaptation. These differences should not be interpreted as lack of conformity and shall not justify a “defect” and shall not cause a refund. Determination of defect is at the discretion of Artec.
Refund will not be made and Artec will not be responsible for consequences inherent to the individual user, such as allergic reactions to materials used for manufacturing (printing) of 3D Scan, or if the personalized 3D Scan fails to satisfy you due to your personal taste.
Refund will not be made and Artec will not be responsible for consequences of whatever nature if Artec and/or Printing Provider and/or Shipping Provider refuses to provide a service on the grounds specified in Section 6 of these Terms.
In most cases, you will be requested to submit digital photos documenting the product defect and/or ship the defective products back to Artec’s customer service at your own cost. Accepting these Terms you agree to such return policy. All policies are subject to change without prior notification.
3D scanning and 3D printing are relatively new processes with many limitations. Because of inherent limitations with the scanning and printing process, the accuracy of the reproduction and printing of the object scanned and printed through Artec is not guaranteed. By placing an order with Artec through Artec Services you agree to this limitation.
Printing Turnaround Time
Printing turnaround time depends on the Printing Provider and begins once your 3D Scan is uploaded to the Site, attached to your printing job, the order has been confirmed for printing, and full payment has been made. Please note that there is no production or shipping on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. As a result, these days are not considered when calculating printing turnaround time. In addition, while production turnaround does not include mailing, or shipping transit times, and you should allow additional business days for delivery.
You will need to complete the shipping details on the Site. All shipping is currently done via international carriers engaged by the Printing Provider (the “Shipping Provider”).
Usually, estimated shipping transit time is based on the number of business days in transit and does not include weekends, holidays or the day the package is picked up by the carrier. For instance, a product shipped 2nd Day Air and picked up on a Thursday would be delivered by end of day Monday. Shipping transit times vary, and Artec assumes no responsibility for delays caused by Shipping Provider, shipping carriers, weather or any damages resulting from the failure to receive a job on time. Your order may arrive late due to unforeseen delays in delivery service, the breakdown of equipment, illness, etc. Artec will not be liable for any failure in shipment and you will refer and submit all your claims, if any, to the Shipping Provider.
Time Limit for Claims
The time limit for any claim you wish to make against us is fifteen (15) business days from the date of revealed failure, unless a longer term is required by law. If a claim is not brought within the time limit to make the claims, the claim is barred.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change these Terms any time. Updated versions of the Terms will be posted here on our Site and are effective immediately upon posting. The date of the newest version is posted below. Please check frequently, especially before you use Artec Services, to see if these Terms have changed. Use of Artec Services after any changes to the Terms constitutes your consent to the changes. Terms for new Artec Services are effective immediately upon posting at www.shapify.me/termsofuse.html.
22. Injunctive Relief. You acknowledge that the obligations made hereunder to Artec are of a unique and irreplaceable nature, the loss of which shall irreparably harm Artec and which cannot be replaced by monetary damages alone so that Artec shall be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief (without the obligations of posting any bond or surety) in the event of any breach or anticipatory breach by you. You irrevocably waive all rights to seek injunctive or other equitable relief.
23. Contact Information. Should you wish to contact Artec with any questions, complaints or claims with respect to Artec Services, you should visit Artec website at www.shapify.me or email email@example.com.
Personal information we collect
We receive only those information you knowingly provide to us. We collect your Personal Information (including certain contact and payment data you provide us, as well as 3D scan uploaded through Artec Service) when you make an order and purchase printing and delivery services through Artec Service.
If you place an order through Artec Service we will use your name and email address to send you order verification, shipping confirmation and delivery status emails, as the case may be.
Your Personal Information may be processed by Artec in the country where it was collected, as well as in other countries (including the United States of America) where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Non-personal information we collect
We may collect and use technical data and information about the User’s device and the system and application software incorporated on the device, to facilitate the provision of software updates, support and other services to the User (if any) related to Artec Service. We may use this information at our discretion, including to improve our offerings or to provide services.
We may keep track of and store in log files some of the activities you participate in while using Artec Service. In some cases you are also taking an action when you provide information or content to us. When you access Artec Service from a computer or other device, if applicable, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), pages visited, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click stream data. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer Artec Services, to track users’ movements around the Artec website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
Personal Information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Certain features such as 3D printing and shipping services are available for Users for a fee. In processing payment for such services we, and our service providers may be provided such information, will collect certain information necessary to complete your purchase (“Transactional Data”). This information may include your name, billing address, email address, phone number, and Payment Data.
Payment Data, being a part of the Transaction Data includes your payment instrument number (e.g., credit card, debit card, PayPal), your name and billing address, expiration date and the security code associated with your payment instrument (e.g., the CSV or CVV). Payment Data is used to complete your order for 3D printing and shipping services, as well as for the detection and prevention of fraud. In support of these uses, Artec may share your Payment Data with payment providers, banks and other entities that process payment transactions or other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction. Artec may retain your payment instrument data but not all Payment data for as long as reasonably necessary to complete your existing transaction, to comply with Artec’s legal and reporting requirements, and for the detection and prevention of fraud.
How we protect your information
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, we utilize appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect. All user card information is securely communicated using secure socket layer (SSL) software, which is the industry standard and among the best software available for secure commerce transactions.
Although we try our best to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, please be aware that there are risks inherent in sharing information and that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We caution you that perfect security does not exist on Internet. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share through Artec Service will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures of Artec Service.
Sharing of your information
We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud, theft, harassment and other rights. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you, including the content of your online communications, if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; (b) protect or defend the rights or property of Artec or third parties; (c) assist in an investigation; or (d) respond to an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of Users or other persons.
We may share your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, usage data and 3D scans made by you through the Site) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Artec is part of, or that become part of that group or to companies controlled by Artec ("Affiliates"). We and our Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve Artec Services (including by providing analytics) available on or through the Site and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
If the ownership of all or substantially all of our company changes, we may transfer your information, including Personal Information, to the new owner so that the service can continue to operate.
We may provide third parties with aggregate statistics about our members, traffic patterns, and related web information. This data reflects web site usage patterns gathered during visits to our web site each month but does not contain behavioral or identifying information about any individual User, unless that User has given us permission to share that information. We may also provide log files and other databases of user information to third parties for analysis, so we can get a better understanding of traffic through our Site.
We may also use third party advertisements on Artec Service to support Artec. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our web site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our Site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed.
International Transfer of Personal Information
Your information may be stored and processed in any country in which we maintain facilities. Due to the nature of our business, for the purposes set out above we reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information to parties located in other countries outside the European Union (including the United States and other countries that have a different data protection regime than is found in the country where you are based in accordance with and subject to the conditions provided by the applicable law). With no doubt, we may also share and transfer your information internationally to our group companies, service providers, business partners and governmental or public authorities. By using Artec Services, you consent to any such share and transfer of information by us.
Policy Regarding Children
Artec Service is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of Artec Service. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a User under the age of thirteen as part of Artec Service, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of Artec Service.
Kinect (codenamed in development as Project Natal) is a line of motion sensing input devices by Microsoft for Xbox 360 and Xbox One video game consoles and Windows PCs.
Based around a webcam-style add-on peripheral, it enables users to control and interact with their console/computer without the need for a game controller, through a natural user interface using gestures and spoken commands.
The first-generation Kinect was first introduced in November 2010 in an attempt to broaden Xbox 360's audience beyond its typical gamer base.